Casino Stud is a video poker game that can be played online in Canadian-friendly casino sites. Casino Stud poker comes from various gaming software companies like Playtech, Betsoft, RTG, Microgaming, and others. The basic and standard Casino Stud Game is though the same. This game of poker can be played at Live Casino as well as an online casino as a table game.
How To Play Casino Stud Online In Canada?
- To play Casino Stud Poker online in Canada you need to visit a friendly online casino like Jackpot City, Royal Vegas Casino, Play Now, Casino.com, Lucky Nugget and others.
- You can visit the online site and join them on your cell phone, PC or tablet.
- Register yourself and open your casino account.
- Now visit the poker games at the games lobby
- Select the Casino Stud poker game
- Tap or click to play
- If you want to play with real money then make a real money deposit in CAD
- If you want to play for free then no need to spend any real cash.
- The game is available in both modes: Free or real money
- Also you have the option to join the game in real live environment and this you can do so by getting a seat at the live casino and playing against the live dealer. It’s just so much fun.
- Before the cards are dealt, you have to place an Ante Wager (required) and Progressive Jackpot (optional).
- Five Cards are dealt to each player, after all cards have been dealt, the players pick up their cards and decide if they wish to Bet or Fold. Players are not permitted to talk or communicate while looking at their cards.
- If you think that your hand will beat the Dealer and you must make another bet that is double your original Ante. If you do not want to play the hand, you must Fold by placing your cards face down on the table and the Dealer will take your Ante Bet.
- Once all players have set their “Bets or Folded”, the dealer then turns his/her cards face up pushing forward the best Poker hand.
If the Dealer opens and does not have an Ace and King or better, players Ante’s are paid at Even Money. After all Ante’s are paid, the Dealer checks each hand in turn for any jackpots.
- If the Dealer opens and your hand beat the Dealer, players are paid Even Money for the “Ante” and the appropriate odds for the Bet. If the Dealer’s hand beat your hand the Dealer shall take both your Bet and the Ante.
- If your hand qualifies for a jackpot payout, the Dealer will pay the jackpot amount after your Bet and Ante have been paid.
Rules To Play Casino Stud Online In Canada
As said above the game is played with a single deck of cards. Ace is high, but may be used as a value of one as part of a Straight or Straight Flush, being Ace, 2,3,4,5.
Players must place an opening wager, called the “Ante”. All players and the dealer will be dealt five cards face down, with the exception of the dealer’s last card which will be dealt face up.
After looking at their cards, players who wish to remain in the game must place a further wager called the “Raise”, which must be exactly twice the amount of their original Ante wager. If they do not wish to make a “Raise” bet, they must “fold” and will lose their Ante wager.
Hands are ranked in the following descending order:-
- Royal Flush – Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of the same suit
- Straight Flush – five cards of consecutive values and of the same suit (e.g, 5,6,7,8,9 of hearts)
- Four of a Kind – four cards of the same value (e.g. 4 x 5’s, 4 x 8’s)
- Full House – Three cards of the same value, together with two more of the same value, but different to the first. For example, 3 x2’s with 2 x 4’s)
- Flush – five cards of the same suit but not consecutive (e.g. 5, 7, 8, 10 & King of clubs)
- Straight – five card of consecutive values but not of the same suit (e.g. 4h, 5c, 6h,7s and 8D)
- Three of a Kind – three cards of the same value (e.g. 3 x 2’s, 3 x kings)
- Two Pairs – two cards of the same value with two more of the same value, different to the first (e.g. a pair of two’s with a pair of sevens)
- One Pair – two cards of the same value
- High Card – the highest card in a hand that otherwise does not contain any of the above rankings.
The Dealer must “qualify” with Ace / King or better in their hand in order to compete against the player’s hand.
If the Dealer’s hand doesn’t qualify, the “Ante” wager will be paid odds of 1 to 1 and the “Raise” wager will be returned to the player.
If the Dealer’s hand Does qualify, it will be compared against the player’s hand. If the player’s hand is of a lower ranking, both their Ante and Raise wagers will lose.
If the player’s hand is of a higher ranking than the dealer’s qualifying hand, the Ante wager will be paid 1 to 1 and the raise wager will be paid in accordance with the odds.
If the Dealer and Player hands are tied, both the Ante and Raise wagers will be declared a stand-off and returned to the player.
What Is The Paytable Of Casino Stud?
Odds are paid if the player hand beats the dealer’s qualifying hand:-
- Straight Flush – normally paid 50 to 1
- Four of a Kind – normally paid 20 to 1
- Full House – normally paid 8 to 1
- Flush – normally paid 6 to 1
- Straight – normally paid 4 to 1
- Three of a kind – normally paid 3 to 1
- Two pairs – normally paid 2 to 1
- High card – normally paid even money
Is There Any Progressive Jackpot Associated With Casino Stud?
Yes there is any progressive jackpot in Casino Stud. In addition to the basic game you may place an optional side wager on the “Progressive Jackpot”. This is a wager that the player’s hand will hit one of the rankings, irrespective of whether it also beats the dealer and / or whether the dealer’s hand qualifies. A progressive wager may not be placed unless an Ante wager is made.
Winning progressive side bet hands are, in descending order, as follows:-
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
If the player’s hand does not hit one of the above rankings, the progressive wager will lose. As a progressive wager, a proportion of the wager will be retained by the house (normally 30%) whilst the remainder will be added to an accumulator jackpot meter (normally 70%). Losing amounts remain on the accumulator progressive jackpot meter until subsequently won.
What Are The Usual Odds Payable For A Side Bet In Casino Stud?
The usual odds payable for side bet in casino stud are as follows:
- Royal Flush – normally paid 100% of the progressive jackpot meter
- Straight Flush – normally paid 10% of the progressive jackpot meter
- Four of a Kind – normally paid 100 times the value of the wager
- Full House – normally paid 75 times the value of the wager
- Flush – normally paid 50 times the value of the wager
Now pick up your cell phone or laptop or tablet and play this poker game online instantly.