In the very inception of online casinos in the 1990s, the desktop computer was the only means to play it. Then came laptops soon after. Earlier, the player had to download the online casino software to the computers to play online. Nonetheless, laptops offered some mobility it was just in its nascent stage of evolution.
Of late, in recent past, mobile phones have become ubiquitous in a short time. It offers the opportunity for the players to take their gaming anywhere and play anytime they wish to. Initially, casino games for mobile phones were simple, but with developing technology its complexity level also increased. Today, mobile games are in fact surpassing their desktop counterparts when it comes to popularity and feasibility.
Selecting the right device to play online casino is also of the essence if you play slot machines or poker. That is why we have decided to bring them together on a single platform to analyze which one is the best to go with. You have every right to make your own opinion considering the factual aspects.
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of mobile gambling to see how it works out.
- Fully Portable: The best part is – it’s just mobile. You can carry it anywhere and use it so long your battery supports you. To play games you do not have to visit a specific place with mobile.
- Convenient: Of course, convenience is another benefit that mobile offers. After a long hard day, you can only go online to find out the right casino to unwind your nerves.
- Fast: Generally mobile gaming is faster and easy to play. It adds brownie points to your kitty as with the advent of 4G and wireless internet there is no reason of slow broadband now.
- Cannot work without Internet Connection: It is understood any game on mobile cannot run without the internet. To play the game on your mobile it should have an internet connection.
- Less Space: As mobile storage is limited compared to desktop, carrying all the gaming apps to your mobile could be tough. You may have cloud sharing but you cannot have it all on some of the mobiles.
- Battery Life: f your mobile has a good battery life you may play for some time. You are playing long enough you batteries need to be charged as you drain the battery life of your mobile. You need to ensure you carry your charger with you everywhere you go.
Let’s see how desktop work when compared with the mobile device.
- Wider Screen: This is the best part of using the desktop. You get a wider screen to enjoy your game compared to the mobile device. It enhances your experience of gambling.
- Constant Power: A laptop or desktop have much powerful battery life than mobile. Moreover, the desktop is always plugged in and does not require any recharge unless you haven’t paid your electricity bills.
- Much Faster: As the desktop is usually plugged in directly to the internet instead of using WiFi, it connects quickly to a casino than mobile.
- More Complex: Laptops are more complicated due to its size to set up and use in public. It’s not practical when you’re standing up and using a laptop. Under these circumstances, mobile is more advisable.
- WiFi Reliant: A laptop requires a WiFi to connect whereas a mobile uses 4G. A laptop/desktop only works when it is directly connected to the internet.
- Less Portable: Laptop is less portable in certain place and condition than mobile. Whereas desktops are not at all portable.
As a whole, it can be said mobile gambling is better due to its overwhelming convenience and portability. They are being used more than any other tool. It is not only the convenience side of mobile but also the accessibility and the ease in which they are utilized.